The deadline for submitting applications for the fall 2013 Union Semester program is June 17th, 2013. If you have any questions about whether the program is a good fit for you, contact the Recruitment Coordinator: 212-642-2011 or email@example.com.
Once you decide to apply to NY Union Semester, you can do so electronically by going directly to the online application by clicking here. This will take you to the application website. (Current CUNY undergraduates should contact the program coordinator before applying.) The application website includes instructions for creating a user account and completing the application. Additional detailed instructions can be found in the ApplyYourself Applicant Guide.Through the online application website, you will be guided through the application process, which will include:
- Completing the application
- Uploading your resume or CV
- Providing information for the two individuals who will provide you with recommendations
- Completing the Union Semester Supplemental Form
- Paying a $70 application fee (unless you are currently enrolled as a CUNY undergrad)
- You will also need to submit official transcripts from your current college or university and any previously attended colleges or universities. The form for requesting transcripts is available in the online application.
Union Semester welcomes applications from international students and has hosted students from around the world. International students need to meet a few additional requirements. These include:
- Completing the CUNY School of Professional Studies’ Union Semester International Student Application Supplement, available via the online application system.
- Submitting a copy of their TOEFL score. Students need to have a minimum score of 550 on the TOEFL paper test or 80 on the computer-based TOEFL test. The Educational Testing Service (ETS) code for SPS is 4829. More information about where and when you can take the TOEFL exam is available here.
- Submitting official copies of all college or university transcripts. If the original official transcripts are not in English, you will need to submit professionally translated versions of each transcript in English, as well.
If accepted, you will be asked to submit the following forms. You will not be permitted to attend classes until these forms are also submitted:
- School of Professional Studies Registration Form
- School of Professional Studies Immunization Form
- Union Semester Intern Roles, Responsibilities and Rights Agreement